Friday, March 25, 2011

9-day Granny Square

So before I show you the square, I have to explain my square.

Over the last ~1 yr I have been frequenting a forum on Ravelry ("Ravelry is a place for knitters, crocheters, designers, spinners, weavers and dyers to keep track of their yarn, tools, project and pattern information, and look to others for ideas and inspiration.") of women who were (at first) trying to conceive and then those who were also due in February 2011.

One of our members lost her baby. Incredibly sad story, and not mine to tell. Because of this, the ladies in my forum have begun putting together crocheted and knitted squares to assemble a blanket to give her.

So, I signed myself up to make one square. I have been pretty busy lately (baby and all) so I wasn't sure how long it would take me to make said-square.

I began this square 12 days ago (finishing 3 days ago). One 8 inch square which would normally take me a single afternoon, has taken me 9 days. It took me 3 days just to weave in the ends.

Why? Because any time I picked up the square to work on it, Jake would start screaming.

And while I love listening to the munchkin scream at the top of his lungs, I prefer him not to be a dark shade of maroon.

So here, ladies and gentlemen, is my 9-day Granny Square.

IMAG0601

Now we will see how long it takes me to mail the square (currently sitting in my living room for the last 3 days)

No comments:

Post a Comment